Thursday, February 28, 2013

DIRTY LITTLE SECRET





 Dirty pavements and a clean temperament. It's what I live for.

These two things make the wheels go round and round on this machine I call existence.

Call it apathy-
Call it denial if you must-

I'll just call it Tuesday, thank you very much.




The GREAT BIG WORLD hinges on its axis and might even move way too fast for me sometimes.

As long as I keep my heart and mind sterile and the dirt stays at my feet
I can get by well enough.




This world is so damn ugly.
I am not blind.
But I am also not judging a beauty pageant either.

There is probably beauty on every corner in every city of this slum that I inhabit.
You just have to look for it pretty deep and I admit not being overly gifted in the patience department.

I'm alright though.
Except when I'm not.





Red light!
Green light!
Stop!
Go!


Where was I?
Oh, yeah.
Which way is up?
I kind of lost my sense of direction a long time ago.




FUCK YOU!
I KNOW MY RIGHTS!

Or was it left?
I never was very good at geography.




You wanna hear a secret?
You're gonna have to come closer, so I can whisper into your ear.

Don't worry.
I won't bite.

Not unless you're into that sort of thing.
In which case, just call me jaws.


Human is my cancerous nature.
Thank god it's in remission.

I love me.
I'm the shit.




You?
You're just shit.
I know because I can smell you all the way over here.

We're good though.

At least on my side of the street.



 Okay. NO.

Who am I kidding?

This world gives me gas and I am one burrito away from being an accident waiting to happen.

How I wake up each day and not find myself stabbing to death the first warm body within the jurisdiction of my samurai sword is my minds dirtiest little secret.




*****Scribbles writing challenge. Original post date 11/30/2010*****

No comments:

Post a Comment